How to use Chromecast with the BroadwayHD App
- Install your Chromecast Device per instructions with the unit. This will involve Plugging the Chromecast into an available HDMI port on your TV and securing power for it. The unit should have instructions with it.
- Install Google Home on the device you wish to cast from (phone, tablet, etc.) and follow the instructions to name your new Chromecast.
You should see the name of your new Chromecast in the top right corner of your TV screen (i.e. Living Room TV)
- Make sure your TV and your device are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Download the free BroadwayHD app from the Google Play Store on your device you are going to cast from.
- Open the BroadwayHD app and sign in to your BroadwayHD account.
How to play shows:
- Once logged in, browse our library, and tap the show to play
- When your show launches, please click the casting icon in the upper right corner of your screen, It is a box with three lines. This should now show you your Chromecast device with the name you picked (Living Room)
The Show will start to play on the TV and your phone/tablet will show “Casting to Living Room TV” or to however you labeled your Chromecast. Your phone/tablet is now your remote to start and stop the show.
How to stop casting:
To stop casting, please click Pause, then Stop Casting.